7 Minute Hill (Dry Creek Canyon Road) – By far the easiest climb on this list.
Difficulty Rating: 11
Distance: 2.0 miles
Climb Rating: 4
Click here for ride link
Click here for the Strava segment
- Lots of great memories of this road as a little kid being a passenger in my Dad’s car going to or coming from hikes.
- It is known as “7 Minute Hill”. That is because if you can get from the bottom to the top in less than 7 minutes you are the SHIT!
- Lot’s of good riding nearby so you can always find an excuse to ride this road.
- The last hill for the famous “Simi Valley Training Ride” held on Saturdays each year from November to February. You can enter a world of pain trying to stay as close to the front as possible of what remains of a peloton that can reach 350 riders on some weekends.
- Short. Only two miles. Not a great climb on its own, unless you are trying to break 7 minutes. Do you have any idea how long 24 seconds is when you are going uphill on a bike? Stupid 24 seconds. Update: Those evil 24 seconds have been defeated with 9 seconds to spare. I am never trying that again.
- Depending on your state of mind the last “Pro” could be considered a con.